The following publications contain analysis, viewpoints and opinions that have been presented in selected books, magazines and newspapers.
NEW BOOK PUBLISHED: "It Is What It Is"
The true story of how AmericanWest Bank navigated the financial hurricane of 2008-09 and prevented seizure by the FDICwith a ground-breaking structure to recapitalize the Bank in December 2010.
Available at the following locations!
WESTERN INDEPENDENT BANKERS: Recommended Reading
Read a Real-Life Example of Winning Leadership
A recommended quick-read for all directors is a recently published book, It Is What It Is – Saving AmericanWest Bank – A Story of Leadership. Written by Charles Thayer, an advisor to the bank who is also chairman of the American Association of Bank Directors, the book focuses on how leadership at the bank made the difference between recapitalization and failure.
AMERICAN ASSOCIATION OF BANK DIRECTORS
- November 2008: TARP-CPP Private Institution Proposal
- October 2008: TARP-CPP Unintended Consequences?
- December 2007: Bank Holding Company Issues
- October 2007: Bank Boardroom Observations
- January 2008 VIEWPOINT; Fair Value's Impact Will Only Grow
- May 2006 VIEWPOINT; Regulatory Relief Legislation
- May 2006 Regulatory Relief Article Interview
- February 2003 VIEWPOINT; Fair Value Accounting & Stock Options
DIRECTORS DIGEST: WESTERN INDEPENDENT BANKERS
- March 2011 - The Next Challenge?
- June 2011 - Governance Pendulum in Motion?
- September 2011 - Board Leadership
- December 2011 - Dodd-Frank Act
- March 2012 - Bank Consolidation Outlook
- June 2012 - Bank Director Burdens
- September 2012 - Bank Board Governance
- December 2012 - Board Evaluations
BOARD MEMBER MAGAZINE
- March/April 2005: Viewpoint; Director Liability
- Enron & Worldcom Settlements
Special Issue 2004: What Directors Think
- Viewpoint; Board Member Evaluations
May/June 2004: Cover Story - Living with Sarbanes Oxley
- Viewpoint; Board Member Risk
Special Issue 2003: What Directors Think
- Feature Story; Life on the Wire
- Viewpoint; Director Responsibility
FEDERAL HOME LOAN BANK (Seattle)
- February 2006: Executive Sessions of Your Board
BANK DIRECTORS HANDBOOK
- 1981 & 1986 Editions: Chapter on Asset/Liability Management
BANKERS DESK REFERENCE
- 1983 Edition: Chapter on The Financial Futures Market